Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Shallow Breathing of a Lazy Girl

So, there's still this bit of bone stuck in between my cheek and gum in a little hole in the back of my mouth, and it's poking me with tiny, sharp bits. So, I'm going to the dentist tomorrow rather than on Thursday (Did I ever say I was going to the dentist? Well, I am. I went to the doctor, and she told me to go to the dentist school down the road to get all the excess bone removed. Enough of parenthesis.) This might be the grossest, weirdest health problem I've ever had. Bartholin's gland cyst? Painful, but not bony or in my mouth. Brown recluse bite? Necrosis is kinda gross, but it was on my leg, and blood poisoning was kinda cool to look at.* Sinus infections? Annoying, but spitting out bloody mucus is much less gross than spitting out bloody pus. Blech. Also, I'm pretty sure that my gums are suffering because of all of this.

Either way, I'm just going to be glad when all of this is taken care of, and I only have to worry about my mouth healing and not stabbing me with itself. It means missing at least one of my classes tomorrow, but I emailed them, and hopefully they'll understand.

I still have this cold. It's not as back, but it is in my chest. Chest cold. Anyway, I think I'll stop smoking for a day or so, so it can clear up. Also so I don't irritate the grossness that is my mouth.

I also have a couple of weird dry patches of skin by my armpits. I don't even want to go into what that might mean. I'll just lotion them up.

I watched an interesting documentary today. It was about being a train-hopping hobo. All in all, I couldn't do it, the main reason being that I couldn't bring my cat--or at least, it would be cruel to. She would not be happy with me in the least. But it looked like sort of scary fun, which is the kind of fun I like... because if it's not scary, it's not really all that fun. Woo! Adrenaline!

I'm sort of wired right now, and I'm not sure when/if I'll get any sleep. I hope I do, but at the same time, I have to be up fairly early to beat the people to the dentist. I think I'll be bumped pretty close to the front of the line, but you know how walk-in clinics are. (Who is 'you'?) I'll see which way the night takes me. Maybe I'll just have a nap before I go, and then sleep in the afternoon for a bit. Or I'll not sleep, and go to sleep extra early tomorrow night (tonight?) so I can be ready for class bright and early on Thursday. Or something. Oh, like anyone cares.

Also, a really good web comic: Lackadaisy Cats. Google it. It's got fantastic art, a good group of characters, and the setting is really cool. It's St. Louis, MO, in the 1920s, with anthropomorphic cats rather than people (although this is really not so important to the story as it is to the art). Very well-done, and the lovely lady to draws/writes it has a good sense of humor.

Either way, I'm just rambling now.

You know what this blog needs? More pictures. So, here, I'll leave you this gem:

That is my cat, Ginger, and me, pretending to me asleep. The plug in the background goes to the ridiculous litter box my dad got me. It flushes itself every twelve hours... always at eight... and it does it for about forty minutes. But my cat is cute.


*I just noticed that 'kinda' is not ever underlined in red, meaning my computer/internet recognizes it as a word... but not Bartholin. Or lackadaisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment